Hi Developers at **********,
Thanks for submitting your app to Google Play. I reviewed ************, com.*************, and had to reject it for violating our device and network abuse policy. If you submitted an update, the previous version of your app is still live on Google Play.
Here’s how you can submit your app for another review:
- Read through the Optimizing for Doze and App Standby article for instructions on how to use the Doze feature.
- Note: If you’re submitting a peripheral companion app, please provide a summary of your use case to our policy support team.
- Remove android.permission.REQUEST_
IGNORE_BATTERY_OPTIMIZATIONS from your manifest.
- Make sure your app is compliant with the Device and Network Abuse policy. Remember that additional enforcement could occur if there are further policy issues with your apps.
- Sign in to your Play Console and submit the app.
You can read this Android Developers Help Center article for a list of app types which are eligible to declare this permission.
Once you’ve removed this permission, you might consider using Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM) if your app’s message delivery requires a temporary exemption from battery optimization. Please set high priority only if the message is time-critical and requires the user’s immediate interaction, and be aware that setting your messages to high priority contributes to more battery drain compared to normal priority messages.
If you’ve reviewed the policy and feel this rejection may have been in error, please reach out to our policy support team. One of my colleagues will get back to you within 2 business days.
I appreciate your support of Google Play!
Google Play Review Team
We’d appreciate your feedback on Play policy notification emails. Help us improve the developer experience by completing this three question survey.